Rice Crispy buns are the easiest yet one of the most delicious treats I remember from my childhood and today my own children love them however I have decided to pimp up this classic and create me Chewy Rice Crispy Squares
There is marginally more work that that of the traditional version and a few more ingredients but trust me they are worth it!
So what do you need to make my Chewy Rice Crispy Squares ?
- 6 Mars Bars
- 200g of Butter
- 300G of Milk Chocolate
- 6 cups of Rice Crispy’s
How do you make them?
- Chop the Mars Bars into little pieces and place in a heat proof bowl above a pan of simmering water
- Chop the butter and add this to the Mars Bars, stir until completely mixed
- Remove the glass bowl from the heat and add your cups of rice crispy’s, mix until every grain is coated
- Transfer onto a square cake tin, I like to use the disposable ones you get in the supermarket, push the mixure into place to make sure it is nice and tightly packed
- Return the glass bowl to the pan of simmering water and chop up your milk chocolate and add it to the bowl, melt and pour over the cooling rice crispy’s.
- Allow to cool, them pop in the fridge for 1-2 hours until the chocolate is set and cut into squares and serve
If you have any self control and don’t eat all of these in one sitting they will last for a few days in an airtight container.
This is a great no bake at home baking idea to do with the kids during lockdown and during the long summer holiday’s. If you do make my Chewy Rice Crispy Squares please share your pictures with me on Instagram – Clarewiththehair I would love to see yours