Clare’s Perfect Pancakes
With Pancake Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday not far away it is only fitting that we share some of our favorite Pancake recipes with you. Below are three simple suggestions as to what you may make this Pancake Tuesday, all are using the thicker American Style pancakes but if you like the crepe / thinner style of pancake then check out these recipes Perfect Pancakes & Here.
Follow me on Snapchat HERE to see me make these live
Takes 20 minutes
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ pint milk
- Pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients and whisk together until it forms a thick smooth batter, add the milk a little at a time as you are looking to make a thick batter
- Butter and heat your frying pan.
- When satisfied with the temperature, place a table spoon of batter into the heated pan and leave for 1 – 2 minutes until the surface of the pancake has bubbled a little, then flip over and cook for a further few more seconds on the other side.
Top with the selection of options below:
For the Chia Seed and Lemon Pancakes
- 2 tbs Chia seeds
- 1 tbs lemon luice
- zest of half a lemon
- Reduce the milk a little for this batter
- 6 tbs icing sugar
- Fresh strawberries
Mix all the ingredients as above, adding the chia seeds and lemon zest to the batter. Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice together. Cook the pancakes as above and top with the lemon icing and a sliced strawberry.
For the Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- 12 tbs Nutella
- Fresh Strawberries
- Melted Chocolate for drizzling
- Ice cream
Make thin Nutella Disks with each spoon of chocolate spread on some grease proof paper, place in the freezer for 10 minutes. pour 1/2 the batter per pancake that you require into a warm butter frying pan, add a frozen disk of nutella and top with the second 1/2 of the batter, Cook for a few minutes until golden brown and flip to cook the other side, take care not to pierce the batter. Place a stack of stuffed pancakes on a plate, top with chopped berries, ice cream and melted chocolate.
For the Maple, Pecan and Banana Pancakes
- Mash 1 soft banana
- Chop 4-5 pecan’s
- Maple Syrup
Make the batter as above and fold in the mashed banana and chopped nuts. To serve stack the pancakes, top with chopped banana, toasted pecans and pour over as little of as much maple syrup as you like. Delicious
This is Clare’s Perfect Pancakes 2016 recipes, check out my 2015 Pancake recipes and let me know which ones are your favorites.