Clare’s Pizza Pinwheels
My Pizza Pinwheels are a wonderful snack afternoon, main meal or absolutely perfect for the lunch box as they taste seriously good hot or cold .
These are quick once you have the base made.
For the base you will need:
400g strong white flour or wholemeal flour
40ml olive oil
7g fast action yeast
250ml warm water
semolina, for dusting
1 jar of pasatta
handful of fresh ripped basil
2 cloves of grated garlic
pinch of chilli flakes
one glass of white wine (optional)
1 large banana shallot diced finely
1tbs of sugar
1tbs cracked black pepper
1 low sodium chicken stock cube
I love ham and mushroom but you can add three cheeses , peppers, corn, onions, sausage , bacon etc etc etc
How to make
- For the pizza dough, mix the flour, salt, olive oil, yeast and water together in a bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto an oiled work surface and knead for 5-10 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and tip into a bowl.
- Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for an hour.
- Roll out on a surface dusted with semolina.
For the Sauce:
- place the shallot , wine and garlic in a saucepan, cook until reduced and you are left with only 1-2 tbs of wine in the base of the pan
- Add the chilli, sugar, pepper and stock cube and top with passata, cook until this is reduced a little and has thickened , add the fresh ripper basil just before adding to the base (please allow sauce to cool fully before placing on the base)
To build your Pinwheels:
- Roll out the pizza dough to 1/2 inch thick rectangle
- top with your pizza sauce
- top with your fillings , cheese, veg, meats
- Roll up like a sausage
- cut inch 3-4 inch pieces
- Place open side up in a butter muffin tin
- place in a warm oven 180 for 20 minutes
Eat hot or cold
serve with chips and salad
Clares Pizza Pinwheels
check out Clarewiththedeals.com for my weekly supermarket offers